The Presbyterian Church Ministry Module with Distance Learning option is designed for those who are to take office in a denomination such as the Free Church of Scotland (presbyterian church government, paedo-baptist, etc). It involves a series of two-hour seminars where matters of Principle and Practice are explored.
All those students at ETS intending to go into the 'full-time' preaching ministry within Presbyterian denominations are expected to do this module. However, it is also suitable for all office-bearers (elders and deacons) in a Presbyterian church (or similar). No one is turned away!
This module is also now available for those who wish to join the class by distance learning for some or all of the time. Doing this module by distance learning helps to make it available to a much wider group of people who would benefit from it.
See Distance Learning FAQ for more information on Distance Learning at ETS.
The following areas are explored:
- The Church and her Principles
- The Church and her Confession
- The Church and her Government
- The Role of Women
- The Church and the State
- The Church and her Membership
- The Church and her Sacraments
- The Church and her Worship
- Introduction to Ecclesiastical Practice
- The Practice of The Kirk Session and Deacon’s Court
- The Practice of Presbytery
- The Practice of General Assembly
- The Role, Election, Training of Office-Bearers
- The Managing of Church Workers
- The Sacraments in Practice: Baptism, Lord’s Supper
- The Practice of Marriage and Funerals
- The Practice of Discipleship and Mentoring
- The Practice of Child Protection
For Fees and Further Enquiries: